Wednesday, March 7, 2007

What's it cost?

There is information that doctors have not been good with. Anytime I am asked about price I usually say I have no idea. And thats the truth. I have no idea. Part of that ignorance lies in the fact that I like to do what is medically necessary without regard of cost, but the other part of the problem lies in the effort involved in getting an answer. Piercing the veil between the practice of medicine and the business and cost of medicine has become essential as government, business and society start to wrestle with the impressive cost of our health care system.

Also with over 40 million uninsured citizens walking around people like to do some shopping. I am amazed how many people will pay out of pocket. Emergent medical care will not likely be effected, but for places with busy (and profitable) Fast Track services this will lend some food for thought.

Click above and read about HCA's move to make cost more transparent.

No comments: